The 20-ton-class 320 GC, 320 and 323 Next Generation excavators increase operating efficiency, lower fuel and maintenance costs and improve operator comfort compared to previous models. The 50,100-lb. 320 combines standard technology with integrated Cat Connect Technology to lower fuel and maintenance costs to low-cost production in medium- to heavy-duty applications. The new 48,300-lb. 320 GC combines the right balance of productivity features with reduced fuel consumption and maintenance costs in low- to medium-duty applications. The new 56,200-lb. premium 323 boasts standard integrated Cat Connect Technology and the most power and lift capacity in the line. These features combine with lower fuel consumption and reduced maintenance costs to deliver maximum productivity at the lowest cost in high-production applications.
Integrated Cat Connect Technology on the 320 and 323 increases operating efficiency by up to 45% over traditional grading operations. Offering guidance for depth, slope and horizontal distance to grade, the Cat Grade with 2D system helps operators reach desired grade quickly and accurately. Using the system’s E-fence feature enables the machine to work safely under structures or near traffic by preventing any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points. The standard 2D system can be upgraded to Cat Grade with Advanced 2D or Cat Grade with 3D.
Standard Grade Assist automates boom, stick and bucket movements, so operators stay on grade simply and effortlessly with single-lever digging. Factory integrated Cat Payload on-board weighing delivers precise load targets and increased loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time payload estimates without swinging to prevent truck over/under-loading. Cat LINK hardware and software connect jobsites to the office and provide customers with machine-critical operating information.
Durable Cat engines provide duty-matched power ratings from 121 to 162 hp for the three models. The units consume 20% to 25% less fuel than the previous, corresponding models. New Smart mode operation automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, optimizing both fuel consumption and performance. Engine speed is automatically lowered when there is no hydraulic demand to further reduce fuel usage.
The Next Generation cabs come equipped with standard features such as keyless push-button start, large standard 8-in. touchscreen monitor with jog dial keys for control and sound-suppressed rollover protective structures (ROPS). Programmable joystick buttons for response and pattern allow the operator to dial in productivity settings. New advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50% over previous models.
- 22-ft. 1-in. maximum digging depths with up to 32-ft. 4-in. maximum reach at ground level and up to 21-ft. 4-in. maximum loading height
- Choice of Comfort, Deluxe or Premium cab packages with optional 360° visibility from multiple machine-mounted cameras
- Cooling system employs multiple electric fans which independently monitor hydraulic oil, radiator and air-to-air aftercooler temperatures to deliver the exact airflow required
- Hydraulic system includes a main control valve that eliminates the need for pilot lines, reducing pressure losses, lowering fuel consumption reducing oil requirements by 20%
- Extended and more synchronized maintenance intervals allow more work at a lower cost and reduce maintenance costs by up to 15% over the previous series
- All daily maintenance checks for engine oil, fuel water separator, fuel tank water and sediment and cooling system level performed from ground level