Caterpillar demonstrates its continued commitment to the wheel tractor-scraper market with the introduction of the new 620 K Series models, the 621K, 623K, and 627K. The units refine the design of their H Series predecessors, which introduced features such as Sequence Assist and Load Assist that automates cycle functions.
- 28.8-ton payload capacity on the open-bowl 621K and open-bowl, twin-engine 627K, and 27.6 tons for the elevating 627K
- Heaped capacities from 23 to 24 cu. yds.
- Include high-pressure steering, engine over-speed protection, tire spin reduction, differential lock engagement protection, machine/ground-speed control and payload estimator
- Advanced Cushion Hitch uses new software to dampen end-of-stroke movement of the load cylinder for a smoother ride
- Hydraulic system refinement simplifies the bowl quick-drop function
- Auto-Stall assists in quickly bringing the transmission to operating temperature for faster transitions from torque-convertor drive
- Payload Estimator calculates payload to an estimated accuracy of 95% by measuring pressures at the bowl-lift cylinders at the start of the haul segment
- Fuel Economy Mode for the 627K adjusts shift points and power distribution for optimum fuel economy
- Draft arm overflow guards divert material away from bowl sides