The AT40 All Terrain horizontal directional drill features an advanced, two-pipe All Terrain drilling system that includes multiple patent-pending designs that improve downhole operation. An inner-rod design provides a flush system that improves tool-joint durability and steering in hard rock conditions. To further improve steering and optimize fluid flow, the All Terrain connection reduces the risk of collar damage.
- 160-gross-hp Cummins Tier 4 diesel engine offers 40,000 lbs. of thrust and pullback
- Two-speed, rotational drive system produces 5,500 ft.-lbs. of torque
- 70-gpm, 1,100-psi mud pump increase fluid flow from the pump to the swivel
- Enhanced RockMaster housing adaptable to two different sizes of drill bit, allowing a 2.875 and 3.5 regular api connection
- Housing features a double-layer seal with high-capacity bearings for increased downhole life and minimal maintenance, as well as a floating-spindle design for easier replacement
- Pipe options include All Terrain Flush, Power Pipe HD Fluid Miser II, Power Pipe HD Unlined and Forged HIWS1 pipes