The all-new STK track trencher was developed as a response to customer demand for a smaller track trencher. Barreto set out to provide a smaller, more compact machine with a dig depth of 24 to 30 in. and dig width of 4 to 6 in. It is a more compact machine than the company's larger track trenchers, allowing it to fit in tighter areas and it's less intimidating to the customer. The reduced size also reduces the price-point of a track trencher, allowing for more flexibility and affordability.
- Innovative new track system and compact frame design provide both stability and maneuverability
- Floating track system utilizes independent undercarriage idlers that move in response to the terrain, keeping a significant portion of the track in contact with the terrain at all times, thereby reducing ground pressure and increasing traction in rough or uneven conditions
- Adjustable Trenching Controls (ATC) use rod linkage instead of cables and can be positioned to modify the trenching speed of the tracks individually while on the go
- By utilizing the individual track controls, the operator has the ability to keep their trench straight when working on uneven terrain
- 11.7-hp Honda (13STKH) and 16-hp Briggs & Stratton (16STKB) engines
- Hydraulic cooler with incorporated fan keeps the oil temperatures regulated
- Electric start standard on all models