NCCER and Build Your Future (BYF) announced the winners of the fourth annual I BUILT THIS! video contest. Competition was tough this year with updated categories and even bigger prizes at stake.
NCCER and BYF are proud to congratulate the winners for all five categories:
- Joseph Petrowicz, Dai Wei Chen and Sara Warthen of Carroll County Career and Technology Center (group secondary)
- Russ Jackson, James Kelso, Mike Mann, Nathan McMurray and Jared Lowell of Southern Air Apprenticeship Program (group postsecondary)
- Michael Fulton of Carroll County Career and Technology Center (individual secondary)
- Tyrique Johnson of ABC Metro Washington (individual postsecondary)
- Rossy Ballesteros of Columbus Career and College Academy (People’s Choice)
Each of the five category winners will receive $1,000 in prizes, including a GoPro and accessories, Visa gift card and more. In its inaugural year, the People’s Choice award collected almost 5,000 votes, and Rossy Ballesteros swept the award with just about 2,500 votes.
Intended to help promote construction as an industry of choice, the contest illustrates the unique perspective of trainees or students and allows them to share videos of their projects. High schools and technical schools are able to gain attention for their programs and help shine a light on careers in construction.
Students, trainees and instructors from secondary or postsecondary programs were eligible to submit videos and the contest was open through October 12, with public voting for People’s Choice through October 29. For more details and to see the winning videos, check out nccer.org/i-built-this.