M-B Companies Inc.
Muncie, PA 17756
The origins of M-B Companies, Inc.'s date to 1907. The company was formed by three German craftsmen, brothers Otto and Fred Meili and Paul Blumberg. Over the years, M-B has designed and built everything from cannery conveyor systems to "junior cars". M-B built its first broom (a horse drawn model) in 1922. The Meili brothers and Blumberg sold the company in 1954 to Robert B. Evans, former Chairman of the Board of American Motors. Twenty years later, M-B was purchased by Terrence Cosgrove, who brought an engineering and marketing background to the company, and still retains ownership. Since 1974, M-B has enjoyed steady growth by focusing on key niche markets and in so doing meeting the needs of independent contractors, governmental agencies, and other road and airport maintenance organizations around the world. With the focus of expanding those key markets, the Pro Chip family of wood and brush chippers was acquired in 2003. This acquisition allowed M-B to provide a diverse product offering to agricultural and landscaping organizations. In 2004, M-B acquired the assets of Lafarge Road Marking's Pavement Marking Equipment division, formerly Linear Dynamics Inc. (LDI), enhancing M-B's pavement marking equipment division. In December of 2006, M-B then acquired the equipment Division of Jackson Products of Salem, OR. M-B will continue to grow to provide the products and services its customers demand. The company is dedicated to being the leader in performance, reliability and customer service as it has since 1907.