Chevrolet offers the only box-delete option in the midsize truck segment with the 2015 Colorado for buyers who want to a more-fuel-efficient work truck. The box-delete package – bringing a cab and chassis that can be customized with service, utility, and a host of other rear ends – is available on Colorado Work Truck two-wheel-drive, extended-cab models and is offered exclusively with the 305-hp 3.6L V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission. A $300 credit is applied to the Colorado’s suggested retail price when the option is selected. In the city, the V6-powered Colorado 2WD (with box) is rated at 18 mpg, and on the highway, it’s rated at a segment-best 26 mpg.
- Availability in mid-April, 2015
- 2,200-lb. payload rating
- 6,001-lb. GVWR
- Full-size spare tire included
- Eight body mount provisions (four per frame rail)
- Z82 trailering package
- G80 locking differential.
- Option to delete the rear seat available with the Colorado Work Truck extended cab regardless of whether the box stays or goes