Craig Parker stepped was sworn in as 2018 Chairman of the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) at a ceremony today (Feb. 12) during the association’s 63rd Annual Meeting. As chairman, Parker is responsible for guiding NAPA’s efforts to support the asphalt pavement industry.
Parker is executive vice president of Silver Star Construction, based in Moore, Okla. The company operates one asphalt plant and offers paving and related construction services in the Oklahoma City area.
Other national officers serving with Parker for 2018 on the NAPA Board of Directors are:
- First Vice Chairman John Harper, President of Wiregrass Construction Co. Inc. in Dothan, Ala.;
- Second Vice Chairman Dr. James Winford Jr., President of Prairie Contractors Inc. in Opelousas, La.;
- Third Vice Chairman James Mitchell, President of Superior Paving Corp. in Gainesville, Va.;
- Secretary Brady Meldrem, President of Norris Asphalt Paving in Ottumwa, Iowa; and
- Treasurer Timothy Lee, CEO of Lakeside Industries Inc. in Issaquah, Wash.
The NAPA Board of Directors is responsible for the governance and oversight of the operations of the National Asphalt Pavement Association.