Thirty years ago, the American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) brought together construction executives and public agency officials for the landmark “National Conference on Highway Work Zone Safety.” It was the first of 14 national and international conferences, and educational workshops to share “best practices” and provide perspectives from “both sides of the barrel” in an effort to help reduce motorist and worker fatalities and injuries in these road construction sites.
In 2015, ARTBA-TDF remains a leader in the safety arena and is once again hosting a “National Work Zone Safety Conference” March 16-17 at the Baltimore Convention Center in conjunction with the World of Asphalt. The event is being offered free of charge through the ARTBA-TDF’s National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse, which fulfills nearly 200,000 information requests annually, is located at the Texas Transportation Institute in College Station.
Top safety professionals will deliver presentations on these topics:
- "Best of the Best" Contractor Safety Programs
- FHWA’s “Every Day Counts” Work Zone Initiatives
- State of the Art Roadway Construction Safety Training Programs
- Preventing Falls During Bridge Construction, Inspection and Maintenance
- Rural Road Safety (Unpaved Roads and Flagging)
- Temporary Traffic Control on Unpaved Roads
- “Clear Zones” in Work Zones
- Preventing Motorist Intrusions in Roadway Work Zones