The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) honored winners and finalists of its 2015 Operational Excellence Awards at a special ceremony during the association’s Midyear Meeting in Seattle.
“NAPA members strive for excellence in constructing high-quality asphalt pavements and in every aspect of their operations. The five Operational Excellence Awards categories — Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation, Community Involvement, Ecological, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website — recognize a company’s commitment to operational practices that make them good contractors, good industry ambassadors, and good neighbors,” said NAPA Chairman Kevin Kelly.
The 2015 winners and finalists honored during the ceremony were:
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation Award Winners:
- Oldcastle Materials — Montana Companies of Helena, MT, for the asphalt drum non-entry rescue system
- Payne & Dolan Inc. of Waukesha, WI, for a lighted spray bar on the tack truck
- Superior Paving Corp. of Gainesville, VA, for the McCav air brake warning system
- Valley Asphalt Corp. of Cincinnati, OH, for transfer slat catwalks
Community Involvement Award Winners:
- The Mid-Central Division of Rogers Group Inc. of Gallatin, TN
- The Community Team at Silver Star Construction Co. Inc. of Moore, OK
Ecological Award (Existing Plant) Winner:
- Ajax Paving Industries of Florida LLC of North Venice, FL, for Plant 1 in North Venice
Ecological Award (New Plant) Winner:
- Payne & Dolan Inc. of Waukesha, WI, for Control #10 in LaGrange, WI
Ecological Award (New Plant) Finalist:
- Staker Parson Cos., an Oldcastle Materials Co., of Ogden, UT for the Brigham City Plant
Outstanding Brochure Award Winner:
- The Earle Companies of Wall, NJ, for “The Earle Companies Marketing Brochure”
Outstanding Website Award Winner (State Asphalt Pavement Association):
- Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association of Centennial, CO, for www.co-asphalt.com
Outstanding Website Award Finalist (State Asphalt Pavement Association):
- Illinois Asphalt Pavement Association of Springfield, IL, for www.il-asphalt.org
The Operational Excellence Awards honor leaders in the asphalt pavement industry for innovation and excellence in marketing, communications, and community outreach with the Community Involvement, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website Awards. Companies also are lauded for their responsible practices with the Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations and the Ecological Awards for New and Existing Plants.
The Operational Excellence Awards are a counterpart to NAPA’s annual Quality in Construction Awards, which recognize asphalt paving jobs completed in line with best practices and standards known to yield high-quality asphalt pavements.
The NAPA Awards Program recognizes and encourages continuous improvement in all aspects of asphalt production and paving operations. The 2016 NAPA Awards program is currently accepting nominations. Quality in Construction Award nominations are due by Oct. 7; Operational Excellence Award nominations are due by Dec. 2.
For more information about the NAPA Awards program, or to nominate a project or company for an award, visit www.AsphaltPavement.org/Awards.