This skid mount model asphalt recycler is based on HDE’s powerful infrared heat, rather than conventional torch technology.
- Designed for small- scale production of recycled asphalt for pothole repair
- 100,000 Btu propane fired infrared heater emits high intensity infrared heat from it’s 4' x 16" full surface infrared heater, allowing re-heating rap or waste chunks of asphalt at the rate of 1-2 ton per hour
- At one time, 1/2 ton batch can be processed, and with full heating capacity and minimal moisture conditions of the RAP, a batch can be re-heated in as little as 15 minutes
- Needs no battery or blower for operation, naturally fueled by propane pressure in a standard propane tank
- Operator is able to adjust the degree of infrared emission for jobsite control by simply adjusting the regulator from the propane tank
- The no flame technology of infrared is controlled via a certain gas pressure through a standard size orifice so gas consumption can be accurately predicted
- Gas consumption for the 100,000 Btu capacity heater is rated at 3 US Gallons per hour
- Fully insulted mixing chamber consists of a 24” diameter double ribbon mixer screw
- Recommended end temperature is 275°F, at the point where light oils will start to burn off, with potential change of the penetration grade of the asphalt
- Process time can be monitored by a hand infrared thermometer, or an optional automatic temperature control at which time the 6” x 6” discharge gate can be opened and the material augered out
- The HDE infrared heater is hydraulically controlled to allow repositioning and re-filling the mixing chamber by hand or small bucket. At this point other products can be added to meet mix requirements, such as asphalt cement, pellets, fibers, etc.
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about RAP-100-SM Asphalt Recycler