Caterpillar’s new mobile app, Cat Inspect, allows equipment operators to perform equipment inspections on an entire fleet of construction equipment, Cat brand or non-Cat equipment. Inspection forms include preventative maintenance checklists, Technical Analysis Forms (TA-1), daily safety walk-arounds and more.
In addition, users can add ratings, make comments, take and annotate pictures during an inspection. If users are inspecting equipment not listed on their checklists, they can document that equipment and add the information to the form.
Caterpillar anticipates adding more forms and checklists to the Cat Inspect mobile app as adoption and usage of the app increases.
- Checklists are serial-number specific
- Subsequent inspection reports list items requiring attention from immediate to normal
- Allows typed or dictated notes
- Off-line inspections – Internet connection only needed to download/upload or sync inspections
- Forward inspections to Cat dealer
- Distribute PDF of inspection checklist
- Ability to email inspection forms when synced
- Sends important alerts to VisionLink
- Available in eight languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Indonesian, Italian and Chinese