Register today for "Lightweight Concrete Floors...what you need to know for success" a free webinar.
The webinar will be presented on October 8, at 3:00 p.m. CST by John Ries, PE, FACI Expanded Shale Clay and Slate Institute.
This webinar will cover what needs to be known about lightweight concrete (LWC) floors so they are successfully built as a win-win for all involved. It will cover why LWC floors are specified.
- What is different about them?
- What’s different about batching, placing and finishing?
- What is the myth about floor moisture?
- Does LWC contribute to sustainability?
The webinar will also cover how internal curing reduces cracking and curling in normal weight concrete slabs, thereby improving their long-term performance.
To register for a webinar, please respond via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Log in information for this webinar will be forwarded to you.
On November 12, at 3:00 p.m. CST, the ASCC will present "ACI 318-14: What Concrete Contractors Need to Know About Chapter 26", presented by Robert Howell.
The American Concrete Institute’s 318 “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete” has reorganized concrete construction and placement requirements in one chapter - Chapter 26 titled “Construction Documents and Inspection”. This reorganization of the code will benefit the design and concrete construction community by making the code easier use to ensure design documents are complete and all contractor construction and inspection requirements are met prior to construction.
- To understand who Chapter 26 of ACI 318-14 code is written to
- To know how the new 318-14 code has been reorganized regarding construction related information
- To learn what Chapter 26 does to direct the Licensed Design Professional (LDP) to provide a complete set of construction design documents with inspections requirements
- To learn how concrete contractors and producers can use Chapter 26 to ensure that they know what to do to meet all construction and inspection requirements
To register for a webinar, please respond via email to email@example.com. Log in information for this webinar will be forwarded to you.