Since 2015, OSHA has been compiling a list of the top 10 cited safety violations. And over the past three years the list hasn't changed much. In fact, eight of the safety violations on the 2018 list were on the 2017 list.
Fall protection, which tops the list, came in with just over 2,700 more citations than the number two safety violation on the list.
Here are the top 10 cited safety violations for all industries:
- Fall protection - general requirements (7,270 violations)
- Hazard communication (4,552 violations)
- Scaffolds - general requirements (3,336 violations
- Respiratory protection (3,118 violations)
- Lockout/tagout (2,944 violations)
- Ladders (2,812 violations)
- Powered industrial trucks (2,294 violations)
- Fall protection - training requirements (1,982 violations)
- Machine guarding (1,972 violations)
- Personal protective and lifesaving equipment - eye and face protection (1,536 violations)