The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) announced the winners and finalists in its prestigious 2011 Ecological Award competition, which is sponsored by Roads & Bridges Magazine. The companies were recognized during the association’s 57th Annual Meeting in Palm Desert, Calif.
NAPA’s Ecological Award competition, which started in 1971, recognizes asphalt facilities that best demonstrate safe and responsible environmental practices. Facilities are judged on their design layout, clean operation, maintenance performance practices and community activities.
“NAPA selects the award recipients using rigorous criteria to evaluate the environmental friendliness of their operations,” commented Kim Snyder, 2011 Chairman of the NAPA Board ofDirectors. “The judges determined that these companies operate in an exemplary manner.” The winners of the Ecological Award were:
- New plant: Baker Infrastructure Group Inc., a division of Reeves Construction of Garden City,Ga., for its Garden City Plant.
- Existing plant: Payne & Dolan Inc. of Franklin, Wis., for its Control #7 plant.
The finalists for the Ecological Award were:
- Payne & Dolan Inc. of Jackson, Wis. for its Control #15 plant.
- White Brothers, a division of the Lane Construction Corp. of Westbrook, Maine, for its Westbrook Plant #74.
- Barriere Construction Co. LLC of Franklinton, La., for its Franklinton Asphalt Plant.