L. M. Scofield Company is pleased to announce the winners of the Seventh Annual Decorative Concrete Awards contest. The contest is free to enter, and is open to any contractor, architect or designer who uses or specifies Scofield Systems. Projects are judged on skill of installation, creativity, artistic expression, and integration with the overall design intent.
This year the Decorative Concrete Awards ceremony was combined with Scofield’s Centennial Celebration, in honor of their 100th year as a company. The event was held at Gordon Biersch Brewery during the 2015 World of Concrete in Las Vegas, and was attended by contractors, media representatives, distributors, Scofield representatives and a special guest. A slide show of all 100 entries was displayed on two monitors throughout the event, and the 11 winners in attendance were recognized and photographed receiving their award from Phil Arnold, CEO and Chairman of Scofield.
There were six categories, each of which awarded a Grand Prize Winner and two runner-ups.
The categories and winners were:
Artistic Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Bay Contracting, Waltham, Mass.
- 1st Runner Up - Philadelphia Polished Concrete, Marlton, N.J.
- 2nd Runner Up - Capitol Decorative Concrete, Piedmont, S.C.
Stained Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Deco-Crete, Midlothian, Va.
- 1st Runner Up - Spraytech Systems, Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- 2nd Runner Up - Brown’s Services, Woodbridge, Va.
Stamped Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Intricate Concrete Construction, Hawthorne, N.Y.
- 1st Runner Up - Ozark Patterned Concrete, Lowell, Ark.
- 2nd Runner Up - American Stamped Concrete, Twinsburg, Ohio
Polished Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Floriartisan, Spokane, Wash.
- 1st Runner Up - Alternative Floors, St. Augustine, Fla.
- 2nd Runner Up - BNE Contractors, Kitchener, Ontario
Integral Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Connery Concrete, Vero Beach, Fla.
- 1st Runner Up - Larson Custom Concrete, Granger, Iowa
- 2nd Runner Up - Halvorson Design Partnership, Boston, Mass.
Heavy/Highway Concrete Category
- Grand Prize Winner - Soil-Tech, Las Vegas, Nev.
- 1st Runner Up - Donlon Coatings, Woburn, Mass.
- 2nd Runner Up - Kay and Kay Contracting, London, Ky.