MCI 2020 is an organic, surface applied, migrating corrosion inhibitor designed to penetrate through cementitious materials including concrete, mortar, and limestone. It migrates in both liquid and vapor (gas) phases through the pore structure, forming a protective, molecular layer on embedded reinforcement and allowing vapor diffusion. MCI 2020 provides strong corrosion protection against carbonation, chlorides, and other contaminants and will migrate independent of orientation (horizontal, vertical or overhead up to eight centimeters (three inches) in 30 days. Water based, non-flammable MCI 2020 offers engineers, owners, contractors, DOTs, and other government agencies a time proven, corrosion inhibiting technology that will significantly extend the service life of their reinforced concrete structures.
- Can be applied to new concrete or used for rehabilitation and will not delay construction or increase costs.
- Unlike standard inorganic inhibitors it does not have to come in contact with the reinforcing steel upon application
- MCI 2020 is considered ambiodic (mixed) which means it protects both anodic and cathodic areas within a corrosion cell.
- Contains a synergistic blend of amino-alcohols and salts of carboxylic acids which form a protective layer on embedded reinforcement delaying the onset of corrosion as well as reducing existing corrosion rates.
- Recommended for: preventative maintenance of existing reinforced, pre-cast, pre-stressed, post-tensioned, or marine concrete structures , bridges, highways, and industrial floors exposed to aggressive environments (chemicals, deicing salts, carbonation, atmospheric attack), parking garages, concrete piers, dams, offshore platforms, piles, pillars, pipes, utility poles, cooling towers and concrete potable water structures. It is also an important component of Cortec’s High Performance Repair System (HPRS).
- Easily applied by spray, brush, or roller and does not etch, stain, discolor, or otherwise harm glass, metals, or automotive paint.
- Does not contain calcium nitrite or wax and no removal of sound concrete is required.
- Conforms to ASTM G 109, ASTM E 96, meets ANSI/NSF Standard 61 Approval for structures containing potable water and is RoHS compliant.
- MCI 2020 was chosen for renovation of Pentagon and has won International Concrete Repair Institute Award for the best repair project.