Designed for smaller-scale surface preparation projects, General Equipment Co.’s SG12/E single-head surface grinder offers high performance, durability and ease-of-use, making it ideal for anyone from professional contractors to do-it-yourself homeowners. Powered by a totally enclosed, fan-cooled 1.5-horsepower electric motor, the SG12/E features a single rotating disc with a 12-inch-wide working width. Applications for the SG12/E include grinding concrete surfaces, removing mastics, adhesives, epoxies and urethanes, breaking up deposits of grease and dirt, removing rubber carpet backing and industrial residues, and polishing more delicate terrazzo and marble floor surfaces.
- Top disc rotation speed of 250 rpm
- Foldable handle for easy portability
- The compact frame design and wheel position allow for simple maneuvering up and down stairwells
- A removable safety and dust shield surrounding the rotating disc helps contain airborne dust and limits material contamination
- Includes the exclusive Quik-Stop deadman motor switch that immediately stops the grinder’s motor in the event the operator loses control of the machine
- A 37-foot-long extension cord is standard, complete with a GFI for added safety