General Equipment Company introduces the new FCS18 RIP-R-STRIPPER – the first self-propelled unit in its long line of floor-covering removal machines. The FCS18’s self-propelled capabilities take much of the work out of removing VCT tiles, rubber-backed carpeting and other sheet-type coverings from concrete surfaces. Utilizing direct-drive, random-orbit action, the machine boasts a removal rate up to 720 square-feet of material per hour, making it ideal for flooring removal projects ranging from 8,000 to 30,000 square feet.
- Powered by a 3/4-horsepower electric blade motor (115 VAC/60 Hertz) and 1/3-horsepower electric drive motor (230 VAC/50 Hertz), the FCS18 offers quiet operation and a top cutting width of 18 inches.
- An exciter plate is directly mounted to the motor driveshaft, which transfers maximum power to the material being removed through orbital action. The exciter plate and blade oscillates 3,450 times per minute, increasing productivity over machines with lower overall oscillation rates.
- Controlling the FCS18 is simple with intuitive variable-speed forward and fixed-speed reverse controls. Compared with manually propelled machines, the self-propelled RIP-R-STRIPPER eliminates back and forth movement while helping to provide a more consistent force to the work surface. The operator is able to focus on simply steering the machine, rather than relying on brute force to achieve higher productivity.
- To further maximize operator control and safety, a built-in emergency stop button allows for both motors to be disengaged immediately.
- Two, 50-pound external weight side plates are attached to the FCS18 in order to increase downforce on the blade, which increases effectiveness when dealing with tough residues. These side plates can be removed, as well as the operator handle, for compact transport.
- Integrated lift handles are included on both side plates and the front surface of the machine for easier loading and unloading.
- Integral maneuver-ease wheels allow for simplified transport about the jobsite.
- To prevent unwanted flooring materials from building up under the blade clamp, the FCS18 features a four-bolt blade clamping systems. This also helps ensure better blade retention, continuous productivity and keeps long-term maintenance to a minimum.
- The FCS18 is built with a heavy-duty unitized, welded steel-plate frame including self-contained maintenance tool storage. It comes standard with a 50-foot extension cord, 2-inch by 10-inch straight blade with 6-inch cutting edge (part #FCS18-2000) and 2-inch by 11-inch straight blade (part #FCS18-2100).