Raken, a top-rated mobile field management solution for the construction industry, announced the final feature in its Production Tracking product offering, which now includes Time, Materials and Equipment. The Equipment feature allows contractors and subcontractors to track owned and rented equipment use, record total time spent on construction sites and collect data on engine hours to optimize usage.
Production Tracking now enables users to:
- Gain better visibility into where equipment is and whether or not it’s being used
- Eliminate unnecessary rental expenses and avoid potential contract disputes
- Save time by reducing the need for manual data entry
- Monitor engine hours more accurately for scheduling maintenance and avoiding unscheduled downtime
- Capture more accurate and detailed insight into overall equipment costs
- Create more competitive bids by leveraging historical data on equipment usage
“Raken’s Production Tracking capabilities fix the problem of antiquated workflows that are slow and siloed, from the office to the field,” said Kyle Slager, Raken’s CEO and founder. “With this new Equipment feature, contractors can better track the overall financial health of a project by having access to detailed data for all major costs on a project, including Time and Materials.”
According to a survey of Raken’s users, 90% of customers currently rent equipment. These users can now create detailed reports of equipment condition and arrival dates to avoid price disputes with rental providers. The feature also benefits users who own equipment and are responsible for regular maintenance, as they can now collect real-time data reflecting total time of equipment use to ensure maintenance is scheduled efficiently.
Read next: Survey: Contractors Expect to Rent More Equipment
Raken serves clients in 92 countries and has been utilized on over 350,000 projects. The cloud-based SaaS solution has introduced several powerful product enhancements recently, including Toolbox Talks, a first-of-its-kind feature that streamlines the workflow of essential jobsite safety meetings, Production Tracking, a Spanish-language option and offline mode.
Raken will be showcasing its Production Tracking suite of capabilities at World of Concrete 2020 at Booth N1571.