Tekla, a leader in bringing building information modeling (BIM) software and online tools to the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) markets, and RISA Technologies, an analysis and design software company, announced they have partnered to bring together two leading steel design solutions. Available this month, the new RISA-Tekla Link gives users the combined benefit of the design, detailing and collaboration strengths of Tekla Structures and the comprehensive steel connection design features of RISAConnection.
With Tekla Structures, users create and manage accurately detailed, highly constructable 3D structural models that can be used to ensure success across the entire building process from conceptual design to fabrication, erection and construction management. The RISA-Tekla Link extends these capabilities to include steel connection design, a critical piece of the overall design process, directly within the Tekla Structures environment. This eliminates the need to manually enter connection components into separate design software. The result is increased accuracy and a reduction in the time and cost associated with steel connection design.
With the RISA-Tekla Link, users of Tekla Structures and RISAConnection can:
- Run analysis and design on moment and shear connections
- Group and solve connections collectively or analyze them individually
- View pass/fail analysis results in the Tekla Structures 3D BIM model or in a report format
- Access individual detailed design calculations from within RISAConnection
- Print connection calculations