These pin grabber couplers allow the operator to change tools in a matter of seconds rather than minutes and enable excavators of similar sizes to share attachments. With the addition of the VB and HB sizes of pin grabber couplers, there is now a coupler for every size of excavator from the 311 to 390.
VB and HB refer to linkage sizes. Caterpillar classifies excavator fronts according to the “linkage family,” which is the size at the end of the stick. Pin grabber couplers are weighted to handle big payloads when added to a machine and bucket combination, without having to compromise on the bucket size.
- Redundant locking system ensures attachments are secure to the coupler
- Spring-loaded arms keep latch closed even in the event of a hydraulic pressure loss
- Shorter profile helps to maximize digging power with addition of coupler
- Frame’s cast pieces made from abrasion-resistant steel
- Visual and audible cues for the operator indicate coupler is secure to the attachment
- Primary greasing block acts as central greasing point for the whole coupler and is easily accessible at ground level
- Models weigh from 414 to 3,430 lbs. and are available for carriers from 11 up to 95 tons