Bobcat has showcased the company's new attachment offerings for landscaping, construction, forestry, agriculture and other industry applications. Bobcat offers several attachments and implements, providing customers with jobsite versatility.
“Compact loaders, excavators and other carriers are only as productive as the attachments and implements they power,” said Lee Smith, general manager for Bobcat attachments. “Bobcat is continually developing attachments that help our customers expand their jobsite capabilities and accomplish more.”
In 2023, Bobcat continued to expand its diverse lines of attachments and implements to include the following new products:
- Super-Flow Planers: Bobcat super-flow planers are high-powered attachments capable of milling concrete and asphalt up to 7 in. thick. These versatile attachments utilize the extra hydraulic power available in the Bobcat T86 compact track loader and S86 skid-steer loader equipped with super flow generating up to 42 gpm and 4,061 psi. The super-flow planers are available in 24-in. and 48-in. cutting widths. Bobcat also offers a 40-in. planer compatible with both super-flow and high-flow hydraulics. In all, Bobcat offers six planer attachments that accommodate standard, high-flow and super-flow hydraulics.
- Disc Mulchers: Bobcat introduced its disc mulcher attachment to help operators power through tough land-clearing applications. Compatible with a host of Bobcat skid-steer and compact track loaders, the disc mulcher features a high-velocity disc fitted with four-point, hardened-steel teeth for handling trees and thick brush. The disc mulcher cuts down trees up to 14 in. thick and can turn heavy brush and trees up to 6 in. thick into a bed of mulch for land-clearing applications within agriculture, landscaping, hardscaping and residential and commercial development. The disc mulcher is available in 48-in. and 60-in. cutting widths.
- Drum Mulchers: Bobcat has introduced a drum mulcher attachment for select excavators. Previously offered for select compact track loaders and skid-steer loaders, drum mulchers can take on heavy brush and trees up to 5 in. thick. This attachment allows excavator operators to clear trees and overgrowth along steep roadsides, riverbanks and other hard-to-reach areas. Bobcat offers three models, the 28DMX, 36DMX and 50DMX, with cutting widths of 28, 36 and 50 in. respectively. The mulcher lineup can be operated with excavators ranging from 4 to 10 tons. Featuring axial piston hydraulic motors, these drum mulchers optimize rotor speed and torque for land-clearing applications.
- Augers: Bobcat has expanded its lineup of hydraulic-powered augers with four new models, the 12PH, 14PH, 20PH and 25PH, which offer a variety of torque and speed options to match a wide range of soil conditions and applications. Durable Bobcat augers are compatible with compact loaders, excavators, compact wheel loaders, telehandlers, small articulated loaders, Toolcat utility work machines and mini track loaders. The new augers are part of a larger lineup with various widths and digging depths. The lineup includes augers with hex shafts and shafts that accommodate both hex and round bits.
- Heavy-Duty Brush Cutters: The Bobcat heavy-duty brush cutter clears heavy brush and small trees. The brush cutter’s direct-drive AP4 motor maximizes hydraulic horsepower for cutting of tall, thick vegetation, including trees up to 10 in. in diameter. The high cutting speeds, combined with the heavy-duty blades and stump jumper, maximize inertia to cut through dense vegetation in one pass. Compatible with a variety of compact track loaders and skid-steer loaders, the heavy-duty brush cutter is available in 62-, 74- and 86-in. cutting widths. The lineup offers five motor options which align with standard- and high-flow carriers.
- Grapples: Bobcat has expanded its diverse lineup of grapples to include an 80- and 86-in. root grapple, industrial bucket grapple and industrial fork grapple. There are 16 total models to tackle a variety of jobsite needs. These heavy-duty grapples are compatible with a wide variety of skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders, mini-track loaders, Toolcat work machines, telehandlers, small articulated loaders and compact wheel loaders.
- Brush Grapples: Bobcat brush grapples for compact tractors serve as property management attachments for gathering and stacking brush, tree limbs and other loose materials. Available in two sizes, the 48-in. grapple is compatible with Bobcat 1000-platform sub-compact tractors while the 60-in. grapple fits all 2000-platform compact tractor models.
- Snow Blades for UTVs: With the Bobcat family of utility vehicle plows, operators can plow through deep drifts and clear snow from wide sidewalks, walkways and driveways with the heavy-duty V blade, heavy-duty straight blade or the medium-duty, straight-blade attachment.
- Finish Mowers: Maintain large lawns with PTO-driven finish mowers that are compatible with select Bobcat compact tractors, sub-compact tractors and the UW53 Toolcat utility work machine. These implements feature high blade speeds, access to maintenance points and a rear discharge that allows operators to mow close to buildings and other structures. Connected to a 3-point hitch, the finishing mowers follow the ground contour to reduce scalping and leave behind an even, professional cut. Bobcat finish mowers are available in widths of 60 and 72 in.
With Bobcat attachments, customers can expand their jobsite versatility. In 2023, Bobcat also expanded its product offerings to include various components, including hydraulic tilt couplers and mechanical pin grabbers for excavators, as well as more laser-guided technology offerings.