This year marks the 50th anniversary since Yanmar launched its first compact excavator in 1968. In 1993, Yanmar launched the ViO Series of zero tailswing excavators and is currently marketing its sixth-generation model.
The ViO Series includes six models ranging from 14.5 to 56.9 hp and 3,836- to 18,136-lb. operating weights.
- ViO17-A includes variable width tracks that extend from 3 ft. 1 in. to 4 ft. 1 in.
- ViO35-6A, ViO50-6A, ViO55-6A and ViO80-1A feature an electronically controlled Tier 4 Final engine, advanced hydraulic system and standard Eco and Auto-Deceleration modes that combine for up to 20% fuel savings
- Utilize multiple variable-displacement piston pumps and gear pumps
- Load-sensing pumps in combination with Yanmar’s hydraulic circuitry design allow fast, smooth and powerful performance, even when combining functions of the boom, arm bucket and swing
- Digital SmartAssist control system monitors up to three months of operational history and centralizes control of machine operation information and maintenance support information
The SV Series of ultra tight turning excavators includes two models with a minimal turning radius in both the front and rear.
- SV08-1B offers a 10.3-hp diesel engine, 2,348-lb. operating weight, 5-ft. 4-in. digging depth and variable width tracks of 2 ft. 3 in. to 2 ft, 9 in.
- SV100-2A includes a 72-hp Yanmar diesel engine, 21,550-lb. operating weight, 14-ft. 10-in. digging depth and a width of 7 ft. 7 in.
All models starting with the ViO25-6A up to the SV100-2A come standard with Yanmar’s proprietary quick-coupler design. The quick coupler significantly reduces the time to change excavator attachments and can be done from the comfort of the operator’s station.
Yanmar also offers four-year/4,000-hour "bumper-to-bumper" warranty on all models.