The D Series lineup includes five compact track loaders and five multi terrain loaders. All models feature a new cab with enhanced operator comfort and control, a new lift arm design for improved sight lines and increased engine performance for greater productivity. These new D Series models are replacements for their B3, C and C2 Series predecessors.
The ten D Series rubber track loaders range in rated operating capacity (50% of tipping load) from 2,800 to 4,650 lbs. Mid-size frame models, as narrow as 66 in., are the 257D multi terrain loader (MTL) and 259D compact track loader (CTL). Larger frame models are the 277D and 287D MTLs and the 279D and 289D CTLs. These six models feature the Cat C3.3B electronically controlled 3.3-liter engine that meets Tier 4 Final emissions standards. The engine provides 74 hp with 8% more torque and 6% improved fuel economy compared to the previous models.
The largest D series models, the 297D, 299D, 297S XHP and 299D XHP CTLs, are powered by an electronically controlled Cat C3.8 (3.8-liter) engine, which meets Tier 4 Interim emissions standards and produces 98 gross hp for both the 299D and 297D models. The 299D XHP and 297D XHP receive a 110-net hp version of the engine, which powers an auxiliary hydraulic system producing as much as 40 gpm of flow at 4,061 psi. These four models also receive the new cab environment and features, as well as the new lift arm design.
- “Cab-One” operator station offers one-piece modular construction with an improved HVAC system and double the cab pressurization of the previous design
- Optional high-back, heated, air-suspension seat with integral seat-mounted joystick controls
- Optional Advanced Display control monitor enables 50 security (operator) codes, can store and recall individual operating preferences and supports an integrated rearview camera
- Electronic dial-type throttle permits precise rpm settings
- Throttle-smoothing feature monitors accelerator-pedal movement to adjust to yield steady, even travel speeds over rough terrain
- Intelligent Leveling System (ILEV) system includes electronic self-leveling, electronic snubbing, return-to-dig and work tool positioning
- Tubular design lift arms provide a narrower profile for improved sight lines
- Available automatic work-tool coupler now electrically actuated