West Fargo, ND - To comply with new ISO standards, Doosan has announced that effective immediately, its applicable new mid-range size hydraulic excavators will now be equipped with roll-over protective structure (ROPS)-certified cabs.
The cabs will conform to the new ROPS standard established by ISO 12117-2: 2008, which applies to ROPS for hydraulic excavators as defined in ISO 6165 with a working mass of more than 6 metric tons and less than 50 metric tons.
Doosan excavator models covered under the ISO standard will range from the DX140LC to the DX480LC. The new ROPS-certified cabs will also be available on log loader models without cab risers.
The new ROPS cabs will not be available on Doosan DX520LC and DX700LC models or log loader models with cab risers. DX480LC excavators that exceed 50 metric tons due to certain optional equipment or larger attachments are also excluded.
Improved comfort and convenience
In addition to conforming to the ISO standard, the new cabs will offer enhancements designed to improve operator comfort and convenience. These include:
- Pressurized cabs
- Relocation of the fresh air filter to the outside of the cab
- Control stands integrated into the seat assembly
- Integration of the switch panel into the right-hand control stand
- New orange and grey seats with retractable seat belts
- An improved, optional heated air suspension seat
- An upgraded monitor panel with an automtic day/night mode
- A rear view camera as standard equipment
Other enhancements include an easier opening front window and improved storage boxes.