The 337-hp DX420LC-5, 373-hp DX490LC-5 and 373-hp DX530LC-5 crawler excavators replace the Tier 4 Interim DX420LC-3, DX490LC-3 and DX530LC-3 and comply with Tier 4 emissions standards with modified diesel engines and aftertreatment technologies.
- Engines use a high-pressure common-rail fuel delivery system, cooled exhaust gas recirculation system, diesel oxidation catalyst and selective catalyst reduction aftertreatment
- Mass airflow sensor allows the electronic control unit to improve the management of airflow from the variable geometry turbocharger, and to optimize fuel delivery to the combustion chamber
- Exhaust brake helps to maintain consistent engine temperatures at lower engine speeds
- Include an improved 7-in. LCD display panel, auto-shutdown, an intelligent floating boom and four power and four work modes
- Selectable Smart Power Control (SPC) consists of Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control
- 94,799- to 116,576-lb. operating weights
- Maximum digging depths of 24 ft. 1 in. to 25 ft. 7 in. and maximum bucket digging force from 59,745 to 67,902 lbf.