The factory-built Cat D3K2 Mulcher combines the solid foundation of the D3K2 dozer with the ruggedly designed Cat HM518 mulcher to take on a mix of small-to-medium-diameter material in a wide range of applications, including right-of-way construction/maintenance, site development, tree management, and fire-break clearing. Caterpillar markets the D3K2 Mulcher as a complete model configuration, and the HM518 mulcher cannot be retrofitted to standard D3K2 dozer models. However, for added utility, the mulcher can be removed and an optional Cat VPAT (variable-pitch/angle/tilt) blade installed.
- Available with a conventional long (XL) undercarriage or low-ground-pressure (LGP) undercarriage
- HM518 mulcher features a 72-in.-wide drum that is matched to the operating width of the carrier for optimum efficiency and productivity
- Pressurized cab includes 360° visibility and is fitted with screens and "poly-carb" windows for added protection when mulching
- In-cab display and pressure gauge mounted to the mulcher frame allows operator to easily monitor mulcher performance
- Hydraulically adjustable push guard and hydraulically operated front hood on mulcher provide added safety
- Air suspension seat with seat-mounted controls