Volvo Construction Equipment will debut two new 8-ft. asphalt paver models for its North American line-up at CONEXPO-CON/AGG — the P5110B tracked and P5170B wheeled pavers.
- Built for both heavy commercial and light highway tasks, the machines offer easy maintenance and strong performance coupled with serious fuel savings
- The 5000B series is powered by the latest Volvo D6 Tier 4 Final engine, the same engine used in high production models like the Volvo L60H-L90H wheel loaders
- Engine speed, torque and fuel consumption are optimized to provide the best performance and fuel efficiency, averaging 3.7 gallons per hour for the 5110B and 3.3 gallons per hour for the 5170B
- Fitted with a large capacity hopper to ensure continuous paving, while durable rolled wings help prevent material build-up and cut cleaning time
- Both models come with an UltiMat160 screed which features extensions that can adjust paving width hydraulically from 8 ft. up to 16 ft.
- The screed’s front-mounted extension supports head-of-material control in the auger channel, further ensuring a quality finish.
- Optional bolt-on extensions provide high quality paving up to 18 feet wide. They can also be added or removed quickly, thanks to Volvo’s quick coupling system
- Standard three-phase AC power screed heating system creates fast screed heat up times with a lower amperage requirement from the generator
- Low deck height allows for safer and easier communication between crew and operators
- Priming function raises engine speed, runs the conveyors and augers and provides material to the screed
- Screed lock holds the screed in place until new material is introduced, avoiding marks or bumps in the mat
- Simple controls are grouped by function and backlit for easy identification
- Automatic track tensioners ensure correct track tensioning for performance and durability
- CONEXPO Booth: F3432
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about Volvo to Debut P5110B Tracked and P5170B Wheeled Asphalt Pavers at CONEXPO 2020