American Augers/Trencor, a Charles Machine Works company, has released the first large-scale upgrade to its proven 1400-series trencher line since its introduction. The T14-54/617 trencher features a Tier 4 Final emissions-compliant engine, state-of-the-art electronics and customer-requested features.
- Features a 54-in.-wide maximum cut capability and a 617-hp Mercedes MTU6R1500 Tier 4 Final industrial/mining diesel engine that generates up to 2,139 ft.-lbs. of torque at 1,300 rpm
- Electronics package includes a digital operator display in the cab, upgraded software and telematics package
- Hydraulically driven, variable-speed cooling fan
- Redesigned undercarriage attached to a heavier, stronger mainframe
- Safety features include a digging drive brake and optional cameras in the cab to increase operator visibility of the work site
- Options include a new quiet pack for running in sound-sensitive environments and a counterweight package that increases machine width and depth capabilities