Vactor showed a concept of its new HXX vacuum excavator at the 2017 International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition to gauge show attendees’ reaction to features intended to improve payload, weight distribution, operation and performance. Placement of the debris body and water tank on the concept’s chassis ensures equal distribution of the payload on the axles, regardless of how much water is in the tanks, to use the whole chassis gross vehicle weight rating throughout the duty cycle. The single-piston PrecisionFlow water pump pushes higher flow and pressures than a triplex pump, with half the moving parts of a traditional hydroexcavators pump.
- Park-N-Dig design reduces set-up and tear-down time between jobs
- 7-in. display offers real-time performance information
- Vactor’s Bluetooth service connectivity tool and on-screen diagnostics
- Vacuum system rated at 6,200 CFM and 28-inch Hg
- Water pump system rated at 30 GPM and 3,000 psig
- Water tank capacity: 1,200 gallons
- Debris tank capacity: 16 cu. yd.
- Boom reach: 27.5-ft., 320-deg. rotation