The multi-tool market’s search for a professional interface that delivers maximum power transmission and quick change out has come to an end. The Starlock interface system delivers three-dimensional fit for high torque transfer and superior performance in the most challenging applications. The interface system was jointly developed and patented by multi-tool leaders Bosch and Fein. The Starlock development effort focused on creation of a high-performance, application-based multi-tool interface that’s easy to use. With Starlock, blade performance classification extends tool life by matching the appropriate accessories to the task at hand.
Blade grades for Bosch Starlock include:
- Starlock: These universal blades for everyday use fit all Starlock interfaces and are backward compatible to Bosch OIS systems (Bosch, Fein, Makita, Milwaukee and other pro tools).
- StarlockMax: These are extreme-duty blades for the toughest professional applications, including cutting through a 2x4 in one pass. Extra-long 80mm blades offer the fastest speed, deepest plunge cuts and best overall performance available.
- No-touch quick change when used with a Bosch tool featuring the Snap-In System.
- Blade changes can be made in seconds and blade removal is easy with auto-ejection.
- Starlock blades are backward compatible with OIS systems and OIS-compatible tools.
- The Starlock blade range includes 30 blades.
- StarlockMax will offer 10 blades at the time of launch.
- Entire Starlock lineup includes 40 blades; there are 39 additional blades available in the current Bosch OIS offering.
- Starlock blade choices include Bosch carbide blades for metal-cutting applications, which feature 30 times life versus conventional bi-metal metal-cutting multi-tool blades. These blades provide longer life versus bi-metal options.
- Bosch Curved-Tec bi-metal blades give users maximum control and precision thanks to a curved head design that increases precise, clean and smooth plunge cuts.
- The Bosch-exclusive color coding system for each Starlock blade offers easy selection of the right blade at point of purchase. The color code includes white for all-purpose applications, including wood with nails; gray for wood and laminate applications; blue is for cutting metal and other tough materials; purple is for soft materials, including sealants, caulk and carpet; and brown is for grout removal and abrasive applications, including grinding and sanding.
- Universal Starlock blades will be available starting January 2016.
- StarlockMax blades launch April 2016.
- A new line of Starlock multi-tools that will match the same blade performance ratings are expected in April 2016.