Model-based coordination has consistently ranked as one of the most popular BIM uses in the building industry. Constructability issues are almost always more cost effective to be resolved in the virtual world rather than on the job site.
With all this hype, are we truly expanding a new professional standard of care that can guide designers, builders and owners towards effective results?
The Fall BIMForum will explore best practices in professional coordination from Architects, Engineers, Builders and Owners. We will thoughtfully consider how project stakeholders have addressed the following:
- Establishing a collaborative environment
- Organizing the coordination process
- Conducting truly effective coordination meetings
- Measuring the real-world results of professional coordination
- Owners’ engagement in the coordination process
- Design Assist and its impact on coordination
- Handoff from design coordination to construction
- Use of LOD (Levels of Development)