Following are the members who will join the American Rental Association (ARA) board of directors in February 2015, at the conclusion of The Rental Show in New Orleans:
- Roger Vajgrt, owner/president, Home Rental Center & Sales Co., Marshalltown, Iowa
ASSOCIATE MEMBER DIRECTOR:
- Jody Kerr, national rental sales manager, BlueBird-Husqvarna, Charlotte, N.C.
REGION SIX DIRECTOR:
- Rachel O’Brien, co-owner and president, J & F Reddy Rents, St. Louis Park, Minn.
REGION SEVEN DIRECTOR:
- Mark Clawson, president and CEO, Diamond Rental, Salt Lake City
REGION EIGHT DIRECTOR:
- Greg Nelson, general manager, Brown Rental, Boise, Idaho
REGION 10 DIRECTOR:
- James Morden, owner and president, Rentshop, Alliston, Ontario, Canada
“ARA is fortunate to have dedicated members who volunteer their time to represent their fellow members on the ARA board of directors. We thank all the candidates for their willingness to put forward their name for a board position and thank all ARA members who voted in this election,” said Christine Wehrman, ARA's CEO and executive vice president.
Terry Turner, ARA president-elect who will assume the office of president at The Rental Show in February 2015, has named Rocky Hill to the board position of Construction/Industrial Services Shared Interest Group chairman to represent the ARA member segment for a three-year term. Hill is president of Rocky Hill Equipment Rentals, Selma, Texas, an ARA member since 1999. He has served on the Government Affairs Committee, the ARAPAC Council, attended the National Legislative Caucus, been active in the Texas Rental Association and has received the President’s Image Award.
Turner also has appointed two current ARA board members to serve for a one-year term on the 2015-2016 Executive Committee. Appointed to serve are Mark Gilbertson, General Tool & Equipment Services Shared Interest Group chairman, and Robert Pedersen, Region Nine director. Gilbertson, who has served on the ARA board of directors since February 2013 and will serve a second year on the Executive Committee, is president and owner of Fargo Rentall, Fargo, N.D. Pedersen has served on the board of directors since 2013 and is CEO and chief financial officer of A Tool Shed, Santa Cruz, Calif. Gilbertson and Pedersen will join Turner and Vajgrt on the Executive Committee, along with Paul Phelon, ARA's current president who assumes the chairman of the board position at The Rental Show 2015.
At The Rental Show in New Orleans the following officer and directors will complete their terms on the board:
- Mike Blaisdell, ARA chairman of the board and vice president of Bunce Rental, Tacoma, Wash.
- Scott Smith, ARA Associate Member director and director of sales for Ditch Witch, Perry, Okla.
- Roger Vajgrt, ARA Region Six director and owner and president of Home Rental Center & Sales Co., Marshalltown, Iowa, who moves to an officer position.
- Beth Hoff Blackmer, ARA Region Seven director and president of Aspen Rent-All Inc., Basalt, Colo.
- Brett Richter, ARA Region Eight director and owner of Double R Rental & Sales, Langley, Wash.
- Paul Kenyon, ARA Region 10 director and managing director of Absolute Support Services, Toronto