General Equipment Company introduces the new FCS16 Gen 3 RIP-R-STRIPPER. Enhancing the proven design and effectiveness of the previous FCS16 model, the Gen 3 unit features an advanced blade clamping system, improved centralized lubrication, quick-release operator handles and integrated static weights to maximize productivity when removing VCT tiles, rubber-backed carpeting and other sheet-type coverings from wood and concrete surfaces.
- The FCS16 Gen 3 is powered by a quiet ¾-horsepower, 115/230 VAC, 60-Hertz electric motor and offers a maximum cutting width of 16 inches.
- The new unit includes integral, 16-pound concealed static weights to better address tough residues and increase overall removal rates. This is a much more convenient design and helps eliminate the chance for lost parts.
- The FCS16 Gen 3 features a unique three-bolt blade clamping system, which prevents unwanted flooring materials from getting stuck under the clamp, helping to ensure better blade retention, continuous productivity and keep long-term maintenance costs to a minimum.
- Includes the Back-Saver Blade Control System, allowing infinite adjustment of the blade angle during use.
- The fully adjustable operator handle includes a new quick-release feature to easily fold for transport.
- Weighing only 149 lbs. (68 kg) and a newly enhanced integral, easy-on-the-fingers ergonomic front lift handle, the FCS16 can be easily set into and hauled by most vehicles, making it approachable for the most novice rental customer.
- The FCS16 is built with a heavy-duty unitized, welded steel-plate frame and only one moving part, making it able to handle the most aggressive jobsites and operators.
- Comes standard with a 37-foot extension cord with GFCI, magnetic-type on/off switch, 4-inch by 6-inch straight blade (part #FCS16-1100) and 3-inch by 10-inch straight blade (part #FCS16-1300).