New Diamond Blades – Phase 2 The new premium blades deliver maximum performance
Features of Premium Diamond Blades
- a new bond formulation that increases performance, including faster cutting.
- The diamonds provide increased durability and extend the blade life.
- The segment heights have increased from 7mm to 13mm for longer life.
- Cooling slots/gullets are engineered to keep the blade cool during operation and ensure a smooth cutting action for reduced operator fatigue.
Makita’s Diamond Blades have three rim types: segmented, turbo, and continuous rim.
- Segmented Rim – Designed to deliver fast cool cuts in multiple applications, including cutting concrete and asphalt. May be used wet or dry.
- Turbo Rim – Designed for a smoother finish by providing constant contact with base materials. May be used wet or dry for multiple applications including cutting block, pavers, brick, concrete, and roofing tile.
- Continuous Rim - Designed for fine cutting in marble, granite, porcelain tile, and ceramic tile. May be used wet or dry.
The Diamond Blade Program includes the following types of blades:
- General Purpose – General purpose blades cut through a variety of materials, including concrete, block, brick, pavers and roof tiles. General purpose blades are available with all rim types.
- Dual Purpose - Dual purpose blades feature a harder bond for strength and segmented edge. These blades are black in color for easy identification. The dual purpose blades are ideal for cutting asphalt and concrete.
- Ultra-Premium – The new ultra-premium plus blade features a 3D pattern diamond design. Each diamond is placed in an even 3-dimensional pattern for longer life and faster cutting than standard diamond blades.
- Hard Material – Hard material blades are designed for cutting concrete, granite, stone, and fire brick. Constant contact with material delivers a smoother finish than segmented blades
- Soft Material – Soft material blades are designed for cutting asphalt, green concrete, block and sandstone.
- Tuck Point – The tuck point blade is ideal for removing mortar joints. The dual sandwich design allows for fast, efficient cuts and less generation of dust than solid tuck point blades.
For more information on the new Premium Diamond Blades, please visit makitatools.com