Terex Utilities announced the new Genie Z-45 Substation Utility Boom (SUB), a purpose built mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) designed for substation work and other applications where an insulated device is needed, but use of traditional bucket trucks is prohibited due to size and maneuverability.
- Fiberglass jib section and fiberglass platform with swing gate
- Floor grating and optional cutouts for increased visibility, access and water egress
- Zero tail-swing and 355-degree rotation in tight quarters, self-propelled control and up-and-over capability of the boom to give utility workers greater flexibility
- Proportional drive and boom functions
- Lift Guard Contact Alarm — providing a secondary warning designed to reduce crushing hazards
- Maximum platform height of 45 feet 6 inches and horizontal reach of 24 feet 9 inches
- Dual work zones with capacity of 660 pounds at maximum outreach or 1,000 pounds in the maximum capacity zone