Snorkel has unveiled its ninth model in its lithium-ion battery powered family of rough terrain MEWPs and telehandlers, the Snorkel A46JRTE, which is the company’s first lithium powered boom lift.
Utilizing the same lithium-ion battery pack solution as the other MEWPs in the family, the A46JRTE offers a true zero emission rough terrain solution, without compromising the reliability and four-wheel drive capabilities of the diesel equivalent.
Speaking from Vertikal Days, Matthew Elvin, CEO, Xtreme Manufacturing and Snorkel, said, “The launch of our first lithium-powered boom lift is an exciting next step in our development of zero emission alternatives to diesel. The compact and mid-size aerial lift and telehandler segment is a sweet spot for electrification, and our lithium-battery technology is proving to be a zero-compromise solution in this product category, delivering zero emissions, reduced noise, and equivalent or better performance than the diesel.”
- Comes standard with three 111Ah (5.75kWh) lithium-ion battery packs.
- Battery packs have been tested in climatic chambers between -77°F (-25°C) and +140°F (+60°C).
- Delivering extended duty cycles per charge, with a single charge lasting for more than one week in rough terrain, and in light use on elevation jobs with minimal driving, this increases to more than two weeks on a single charge.
- Features AC electric motor with higher torque, which results in increased traction and improved rough terrain performance
- 62 percent less jobsite noise and with no engine fan, dust generation is reduced for safer and cleaner operation in low emission zones and green cities.
- With minimal battery and electrical system maintenance required, servicing costs are reduced by up to 93 percent when compared to an engine, while also eliminating the costs and risks of waste oil and filter disposal.
The company also launched its new lithium-focused website, www.snorkelnetzero.com. Designed to aide customers in the switch from diesel to lithium equipment, the site features a range of resources including diesel vs. lithium cost calculators for both rental companies and contractors, as well as frequently asked questions, photos, videos, and region-specific information on market drivers and adoption. Snorkel is also offering direct training for its rental customers, to help them educate their customers on the benefits of this new technology.
All nine models in the Snorkel lithium-electric family are now in full production and available to order globally.