JLG Industries announces the introduction of its 670SJ self-leveling boom lift.
- Increases a lift's capability on slopes 0 to 10 degrees in any direction with the boom elevated
- Improved ability to traverse uneven surfaces while keeping the chassis level and improve traction capability on sloped ground
- 67 ft. platform height boom lift with 550-lb. unrestricted, 750-lb. restricted capacity
- Offers 45% gradeability
- 57 ft. 1 in. horizontal reach
- Elevates to full height or back to ground level from full height in just 101 seconds
- Automatically levels on grades up to 10° when in self-leveling mode
- Standard mode for driving with the boom down at faster speeds; shipping mode allows the suspension to be lowered during transport
- Smart suspension results in a foot more platform height
- Reduces or eliminates manual labor and time required to set up cribbing and/or grade the work area
- Allows the boom lift to get closer to the work area, maximizing its reach capabilities and minimizing the need for larger, higher reaching lifts as backup
- Decreases platform movement during travel improving operator comfort and reducing the risk associated with movement of objects within and/or falling from the platform
The seed idea for the self-leveling boom lift came as the result of identifying and understanding customer needs. After seeing how challenging select boom lift applications could be, JLG engineers realized that the industry as a whole had designed current lifts for the near ideal conditions of firm, flat surfaces with a grade of 5° or less. This was the root cause of many customer pain points, because the world is neither flat, nor does it come with improved surfaces.