The Bosch GBH2-28L rotary hammer merits its place in the long line of legendary Bosch Bulldogs. It weighs only 6.9 lbs., yet delivers impact energy of 5,100 no-load bpm (blasts per minute) and 0-1,300 no-load rpm for drilling and chipping in masonry and concrete. The 1-1/8 in. diameter drilling capacity combines with three operation modes – drilling only, hammer drilling and chiseling – to ensure the Bosch GBH2-28L is ready to take on a variety of jobs, both big and small.
- Bosch-exclusive KickBack Control is activated when there’s an unexpected bind-up situation, which the rotary hammer will immediately shut off to reduce dangerous tool kickback.
- Additional user protection features includes vibration control, a counter-balance system that moves in the opposite director of the striker to optimize hammer action.
- An overload clutch is included on all Bosch rotary hammers. In an overload situation the tool remains in operation, but the clutch disengages to prevent dangerous torque movement.
- To accommodate optimized chiseling, the Bosch GBH2-28L includes Vario-Lock positioning that allows the user to rotate and lock a chisel into the best working angle. The multi-function selector makes it easy to switch the modes for drilling only, hammer drilling and chiseling.
- The rotary hammer has a variable-speed reversing trigger for accurate bit starting to enhance productive. It has a hammer hook that offers quick tool storage during the job. And the ergonomic D-handle design is ideal for both overhead and downward drilling applications.
- For U.S. users, this tool should be used in accordance to the OSHA silica regulations designed to limit silica dust exposure.