The first product line in what Caterpillar is calling an expanded home and outdoor power equipment portfolio includes four Cat RP Series portable generators in the 3.6- to 7.5-kW range in North America and 2.5 to 4.4 kW in Europe. Caterpillar's industrial design and engineering teams in Peoria and Belfast, Northern Ireland, led design of the generator line, which is manufactured by a Cat contract manufacturer.
To reach a new customer base, Caterpillar is pioneering new multi-channel distribution — including Cat dealers, local retailers and eventually national retailers and wholesalers —which will serve as Cat Home & Outdoor Power Authorized Sales and Service Centers. The generators will be introduced to distributors in the U.S., Canada and Europe through the end of 2016. More products will be added to the Cat Home & Outdoor line in 2017.
- One-side operator's controls in one easily accessible, lighted control panel
- Multi-function display enables users to toggle between lifetime running hours, session running hours, power output and run time
- Self-charging, lithium-ion battery for electric-start models
- Automatic voltage regulation (AVR)
- GFCI protection, covered outlets and circuit breaker protect against electric shock and generator overload
- Include a solid-steel frame and enclosed roll cage, solid never-flat wheels, automatic low-oil shutdown and extra-large fuel tank
- Compact design and low center of gravity
- RP5500, RP6500 E and RP7500 E include multiple outlets in both 120V and 240V