Western Star diversified into full-aerodynamic on-road trucks with its new 5700XE Class 8 tractor. New features such as an aerodynamic hood, roof, chassis and cab fairings achieve an average 12% aerodynamic improvement over the 4800/4900 models.
Additional performance features:
• Swept-back four-piece bumper with under-bumper valance contributes to aerodynamic efficiency
• Halogen projector-beam headlights are optimized for aerodynamic performance and visibility
• Visor engineered to work with the slope in the hood’s rear air ramp directs airflow over the cab without an aerodynamic penalty
• Roof and cab fairings sweep back for tighter trailer gap and help direct air flow over and around the trailer
• Optional chassis side fairings reduce drag up to 6% while providing easy access to batteries and DEF tank
• The Western Star Twin Force dual air intake feeds a centrally mounted air filter to improve efficiency