Mack Trucks is offering customers with concrete mixer applications several lighter-weight solutions to improve payload. The Mack Granite model, equipped with the 2017 Mack MP7 11L engine and the Mack mDRIVE HD 14-speed automated manual transmission with creeper gears, cuts weight compared to its predecessor.
- The MP7 delivers 425 hp and 1,560 lb.-ft. of torque, but is about 51 lb. lighter
- Updated wave piston design, new common-rail fuel injection, two-speed coolant pump in MP7 can increase fuel efficiency up to 2.1%
- Mack mDRIVE HD 14-speed with creeper gears is about 150 lb. lighter than automatic transmissions
- Integrated mDRIVE HD 14-speed allows seamless communication with truck components to keep the truck in the right gear
- Standard Mack ClearTech One single-package exhaust aftertreatment frees up frame-rail space and reduces weight by about 17 lb.
- ClearTech One combines diesel particulate filter, selective catalytic reduction and diesel exhaust fluid hardware into one unit
- Includes a rear-engine PTO, special mixer crossmember designed for mounting of the mixer barrel pump, frame rail transition plates for mixer body mounting and an additional access panel in the cab floor to service the rear-engine PTO
- BodyLink III bodybuilder connector simplifies the installation of the body to the chassis and facilitates communication to the truck ECU