Ford says its all-new 2016 Ford F-650/F-750, powered by Ford’s 6.7L Power Stroke V8 diesel engine, is 25% quieter inside the cabin at 60 mph than the previous model. The Ford-designed and -built Power Stroke diesel at idle is as much as 45% quieter inside the cab and 35% percent quieter outside, in front of the grille.
Fuel-injector upgrades created a two-stage combustion event and a pilot fuel injector begins compression before the main injection. The result is smoother combustion with less diesel clatter. At idle, two pilot injection events smooth out the firing process.
Mounting the engine’s turbocharger inside the engine block valley also improves overall noise, vibration and harshness.
- Three diesel power-level options: 270 hp and 675 lb.-ft. torque, 300 hp and 700 lb.-ft., 330 hp and 725 lb.-ft.
- 6.7L Power Stroke V8 comes with a five-year, 250,000-mile warranty
- 6.8L V10 gasoline-fueled engine: 320 hp and 460 lb.-ft. torque
- V10 available with the TorqShift six-speed automatic transmission
- V10 can be factory-prepped for converting to compressed natural gas or propane
- Offered in Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab styles
- Offered in straight-frame, dock-height and all-new dedicated tractor model