For 2016, the GMC Canyon offers a 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine that provides a maximum trailering rating of 7,700 lbs. The standard engine remains a 2.5-liter four-cylinder rated at up to 27 mpg on the highway.
- Available 3.6-liter V6 offers up to 1,590 lbs. of payload and up to a 7,000-lb. maximum trailering rating
- Eaton 6-speed manual or Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic transmission
- Offered in 6-ft. 2-in. extended cab or 5-ft. 2-in./6-ft. 2-in. crew cab versions
- Base, SLE and SLT trim levels
- Phone integration technology allows smartphone users to connect with applications such as navigation, hands-free text messaging, entertainment and news via the IntelliLink system display screen