The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) honored the winners and finalists of its 2016 Operational Excellence Awards at a special ceremony during the association’s Midyear Meeting in Chicago.
“NAPA members strive for excellence beyond constructing high-quality asphalt pavements. The five categories of the Operational Excellence Awards — Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation, Community Involvement, Ecological, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website — recognize a company’s commitment to operations that make them good contractors, good industry ambassadors, and good neighbors,” stated NAPA Chairman Dan Gallagher.
The 2016 winners and finalists honored during the ceremony include:
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation Award Winner:
• Lakeside Industries Inc. of Issaquah, Wash., for The Super Bowl of Safety employee safety program
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation Award Finalist:
• Payne & Dolan Inc. of Waukesha, Wis., for its mobile app
Community Involvement Award Winners:
• The Mid-Central Division of Rogers Group Inc. of Gallatin, Tenn.
• The Community Team at Silver Star Construction Co. Inc. of Moore, Okla.
Community Involvement Award Finalists:
• The Road to a Better Community at Barrett Paving Materials Inc. of Watertown, N.Y.
• Simon Contractors Cares at Simon Contractors of Cheyenne, Wyo.
Ecological Award (Existing Plant) Winner:
• The Lane Construction Corp. of West Columbia, S.C., for West Columbia Facility
Ecological Award (New Plant) Winner:
• Pike Industries Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Co. of Belmont, N.H., for HMA P-727
Ecological Award (Existing Plant) Finalist:
• Barrett Paving Materials Inc. of Watertown, N.Y., for the Watertown Drum Plant
Outstanding Brochure Award Winner:
• Gallagher Asphalt Corp. of Thornton, Ill. For “Diamond Commendation Brochure”
Outstanding Website Award Winner (State Asphalt Pavement Association):
• Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa of Ames, Iowa, for www.apai.net
The Operational Excellence Awards honor leaders in the asphalt pavement industry for innovation and excellence in marketing, communications, and community outreach with the Community Involvement, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website Awards. Companies also are lauded for their responsible practices with the Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations and Ecological Awards.
The Operational Excellence Awards are a counterpart to NAPA’s annual Quality in Construction Awards, which recognize asphalt paving jobs completed in line with best practices and standards known to yield high-quality asphalt pavements.The NAPA Awards Program recognizes and encourages continuous improvement in all aspects of paving and asphalt operations.
The 2017 NAPA Awards program is accepting nominations. Quality in Construction Award nominations are due by Oct. 5; Operational Excellence Award nominations are due by Nov. 30.For more information about the NAPA Awards program, or to nominate a project or company for an award, visitwww.AsphaltPavement.org/Awards.