SmartBidNet is a construction bid management mobile application. A companion product to the SmartBidNet Internet application, the mobile app allows the user to access his or her private network of subcontractors and view them by the services they provide to ensure bids target qualified and licensed companies. The app was developed to enhance the mobile experience with an application better suited to screen size and capabilities of a mobile device rather than with deploying the software in a mobile browser.
The app helps contractors build a network of approved subcontractors and vendors who are available to submit proposals for future construction projects. The private database of subcontractors and vendors is secured and available 24/7 within the mobile app. The app offers a streamlined version of the user’s SmartBidNet database of bid projects, contacts and documents. Users can view project and subcontractor information and open plan files for quick viewing. The app does not offer the full capabilities of the software but rather a condensed version for referencing project data and contact information on the go.
JB Knowledge Technologies, Inc., the app’s developer, is planning to further enhance the plan file viewing capabilities of the app by incorporating 3D BIM visualizations from its new app SmartReality, integrating the two apps.
According to the developer, the top three key features of the app include:
- Quick communication with key project participants
- Easy reference to project location and contacts on the go
- Mobile viewing of project documents
In addition, three of the top benefits construction contractors gain from using this app are the ability to stay in touch with those you rely on for success of bid projects; quick and easy access to bid project information; and centralized, up-to-date project plan room for collaboration and data distribution.
- Updated to provide improved list of mail clients to send email communication to
- Multiple user login
- All previously stored account data loads even when switching users
- New plan room interface for easier, clean plan file review
- Plans downloaded to device for offline viewing will automatically be saved to a folder
- Information is stored on the device for access when Internet is not available
- View and search companies and projects in the user’s database
- Quick view plan files and view document and plan room folder data