The Craftsman, Level I certification program is a classroom and hands-on training program followed by a certification exam. After passing the exam each student will be sent a Craftsman, Level I certificate; Craftsman, Level I patch; CD containing business tools; and CPAA supporting t-shirt.
PREREQUISITE: Individuals applying for this course must meet the following minimum requirements:
Tradesman Introduction Certificate
980 hours of actual on-the-job experience or a minimum of 12 completed polished concrete projects, the references of two CPAA supporting member manufacturers, and signed affidavit form along with the course registration submission
Individuals completing this course must demonstrate, through a comprehensive written exam and skills practice exam, basic operational knowledge of the following topics:
- Proper industry terminology/definitions
- Equipment used for concrete polishing
- How to match equipment and diamond tooling to the concrete substrate to achieve the specified polish
- Chemistry of densifiers and stain protectors
- Diamond abrasive design and construction
- Using the diamond abrasive to achieve maximum refinement
- Understanding the theory and recognizing maximum refinement
- Understanding safety hazards within the concrete polishing industry
- Introduction to basic safety hazards related to concrete polishing and project management.
Cost: CPAA Member = $1,050; Non-Member = $1,850.00
For more information, go to: http://www.cpaa-us.org/classes.php