The American Concrete Institute is offering a new series of seminars this fall to focus on ACI 318-14, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary. In addition, the seminars are now available as an online course through ACI University, and can be purchased for an individual user or for a group of five individual users at a reduced rate.
Participants can now learn about the new code directly from an expert during a live seminar, or at their own pace by taking the online course through ACI University.
ACI 318-14 represents the first major change in Code organization in over 40 years and has been completely reorganized from a designer’s perspective. This seminar will help you get acquainted with the new organization and various technical changes to the code as quickly as possible and demonstrate how you can ensure that your design fully complies with the new code.
The philosophy behind the new organizational structure will be demonstrated through a thorough review of the Code’s outline and provisions in the major chapters to give attendees new insight into the background behind the new organizational structure, and how the new organization makes it easier to find needed requirements.
The seminars, which will be held in cities around the U.S., will cover all the major changes in this new edition of the ACI Code. Locations include:
- Pittsburgh, Pa., September 10, 2015
- Raleigh, N.C., September 15, 2015
- Chicago, Ill., September 17, 2015
- New Brunswick, N.J., September 22, 2015
- Minneapolis, Minn., September 24, 2015
- Albany, N.Y., September 29, 2015
- Des Moines, Iowa, October 1, 2015
- Portland, Ore. October 6, 2015
- Baltimore, Md., October 8, 2015
- Little Rock, Ark. October 9, 2015
- Houston, Texas, October 13, 2015
- Tampa, Fla., October 15, 2015
- St. Louis, Mo., October 20, 2015
- Cincinnati, Ohio, October 22, 2015
- Indianapolis, Ind., October 27, 2015
- Savannah, Ga., October 29, 2015
- Nashville, Tenn., November 3, 2015
- Denver, Colo., November 12, 2015
- Emeryville, Calif., November 17, 2015
- Richmond, Va., November 19, 2015
- New Orleans, La., December 1, 2015
- Miami, Fla., December 3, 2015
- Dallas, Texas, December 10, 2015
- San Diego, Calif., December 15, 2015
In addition to having the most up-to-date information at each seminar, attendees receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending the live seminar or for taking the online course.
As always, ACI members receive special discounts on ACI seminars and online courses. For more information on seminar dates and locations and to register, visit www.concreteseminars.com. For information about the online course, visit www.ACIUniversity.com.