KANSAS CITY, MO. - The American Public Works Association (APWA) announces that 20 public works infrastructure professionals from the U.S. have earned their credentials as Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector (CPII) in November, 2009. The purpose of the APWA Public Infrastructure Inspector Certification is to promote quality infrastructure throughout the community by advancing the knowledge and practice of construction inspection to benefit the community and public agencies.
"The number of professionals who have attained the CPII certification from APWA continues to grow. These public works infrastructure professionals have demonstrated their commitment to the highest standards of professionalism," said APWA President Larry Koehle, P. Eng., MPA, President of L&N Koehle Consulting Services. "The benefits go ultimately to our communities by providing recognized hiring and promotion standards that will lead to an improved workforce and improved delivery of services," he said.
Recent APWA Certified Public Infrastructure Inspectors include:
- Paul Ahlas, CPII, City of Chandler, Chandler, AZ
- Mark Behrendt, CPII, City of Chandler, Chandler, AZ
- Robert S. Bishop, CPII, City of San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Robbie Burgess, CPII, Howard/Stein-Hudson & Assoc., Boston, MA
- Rick D. Davis, CPII, Brighton, CO
- Richard Fisher, CPII, City of San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Stephen B. Flinn, CPII, Harris & Associates, Bellevue, WA
- Greg G. Hahn, CPII, EPS Group Inc., Mesa, AZ
- Jeanette L. Hall, CPII, City of Jacksonville, Jacksonville, NC
- David B. Harris, CPII, Bonestroo, Libertyville, IL
- Timothy W. Lapp, CPII, Bonestroo, Libertyville, IL
- Mario Maciel, MBA, PMP, CCM, CPII, Harris & Associates, Concord, CA
- Tonia M. Mathieu, CPII, City of Portland, Portland, OR
- Howard Montgomery, CPII, H.R. Gray, Hilliard, OH
- Bradley D. Muehlich, CPII, EPS Group Inc., Mesa, AZ
- Doug Nelms, CPII, City of San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Scott S. Reisinger, CPII, Bonestroo, Libertyville, IL
- Robert A. Richmond, Jr., CPII, City of McKinney, McKinney, TX
- Kevin Salmen, CPII, City of Thornton, Thornton, CO
- Ernesto Vergara, CPII, Helix Water District, Lake Elsinore, CA
Computer-based testing is now available at over 170 sites in the United States. For more information about the Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector program, or APWA's other professional development initiatives, visit APWA's website at www.apwa.net/certification or contact Certification Manager Becky Stein, (816) 595-5212 or email@example.com.
The American Public Works Association (www.apwa.net) is a not-for-profit, international organization of more than 29,000 members involved in the field of public works. Originally chartered in 1937, APWA serves its members by promoting professional excellence and public awareness through education, advocacy and the exchange of knowledge. With 64 chapters throughout North America, APWA is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, and has an office in Washington, D.C.